Facebook Live Replay: Discovering Fresh Content for Your Website
The best way to keep your name and your business familiar is to have something worthy to share, often. In the world of websites this translates into content. It can be blog posts, articles, or new services pages. Whatever you call it, adding something new on a regular basis is going to enhance your visibility and keep you familiar in the eyes of those who may just need your services in the near future.
The sticking point for many business owners is where to find the content to share. Check out this Facebook Live where I share with you my secrets to making this easy!
Talking about ways to find fresh content for you website.
Posted by Teresa Schlup, Web Design on Wednesday, January 9, 2019
A quick recap for you…
Trust that you have something to share!
You’re passionate about your business, after all you no on takes the crazy leap to becoming an entrepreneur for the long hours and never ending to-do list! Being passionate about your business and loving what you do gives you something to share. Let me give you a few examples of things you can share…
- Why do you do what you do? What is the driving motivation for you to put in those long hours and keep going?
- Has anything shifted, changed or inspired you in your past that brought you do this present moment?
- What is something really cool about the products and services you offer? Break it down by product/service for even more content!
- Have any success stories you have gotten witnessed? Are you a boutique owner that helps women feel beautiful? Health coach that helped someone accomplish what they thought would be impossible? Each one of these moments you witnessed is something worth sharing.
Have a conversation
You have just established that you have something to share, now it is time to sit down and have a conversation about it, and there are three simple ways you can do this. This step is totally optional, but one that I hope you consider.
- Write about it. You don’t have to be a professional writer to share what you know. You just have to be able to put clear sentences on paper (or computer screens.) Sit down for 10-15 minutes and write or type something up, then go and add it to your blog page. Easy peasy!
- Have someone else write about it. Maybe you’re really not feeling all that confident about stringing together a few sentences. I get it, that can be scary. But you still have something to share! So why not put your thoughts on paper and get someone else to write it out for you. There are a lot of great freelance writers out there, like my friend Emily, and I also have a copywriter friend Betty who is great at fine-tuning content. (Find out more about both of them on my Partners & Referrals Page!)
- Share it in a video! This is probably the scariest way to share of all for many people, but it is a super effective way to create fresh content. Simply imagine yourself having coffee with a friend, and hit record and have a conversation. If it helps tape a picture to your phone/camera of someone you love to talk to, and just relax. The bonus to doing a video, is that now you have something that can be transcribed into a blog post. Then you can share both, together (like what you are reading now) or separately!
And just like that you have fresh content to share!
Be sure to check in with us Friday, where I will share with you how you can take the content you have shared and turn it into some super awesome social media posts!