An important part of branding for success is the image you portray of yourself. Developing a likable personal brand is essential if you want to stand out in your industry.
Think about it. Would you rather do business with a person who smiles and comes across as friendly, supportive and helpful or with one who snarls and ignores you? The first impression a potential customer receives is from you, so make it a good one.
How can you accomplish this?
Here are a few tips to help you with personal brand for success…
- Become an expert source, and share your knowledge with enthusiasm.
- Become a great communicator. Communication skills are one of the key determining factors when deciding to work with someone.
- Draft a marketing plan for yourself annually, and review it quarterly. Include specific goals, strategies, action steps, and a timetable.
- Develop an ‘elevator speech.” Within the time that it takes an elevator to travel one floor – about 60-seconds – be able to deliver a succinct description of what you do, how you do it differently, and the benefit it provides.
- Build your contact list. Make new business contacts and stay in touch with them. Most people with powerful brands have powerful friends.
- Balance your individual style with clothing that will appeal to those you are trying to connect with.
- Learn good business and social etiquette. Buy elegant personal stationery and send hand-written notes.
- Give something back. Giving your time, talent, and money to charitable causes is a brand-builder especially when it complements your brand strategy. Find a cause you are passionate about.
If you can’t sell yourself, you’ll find it nearly impossible to sell your product and/or services. So put some real effort into branding for success. Not only will you build a stronger business, you will enjoy the process so much more!
Need a little help identifying your core values and creating your Personal Brand? Check out my totally FREE Branding Your Biz Master Class!
- Identify fonts that best represent your brand personality
- Finish by creating a Branding Style Guide to use for all of your marketing needs